For Mac users, we have already covered extensive tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 using PwnageTool:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch (Untethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 4 (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPhone 3GS (New and Old Bootrom) (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPad (Tethered)
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on iPod touch 4G and 3G (Tethered)
NOTE: If doesn’t rely on a carrier unlock, you can use Redsn0w for both Windows and Mac to easily jailbreak your device on iOS 4.3.1. Complete step by step instructions can be found here.
Step 1: First up, download all the required tools and files to your Windows desktop:
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for Windows.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5 for Windows.
- Download iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Step 3: Select the required firmware .ipsw file for your iOS device by clicking on the “Browse” button.
Step 5: Now select the “Expert Mode”, followed by “Build IPSW” option to start creating your custom firmware.
Since building custom firmware may take some time, you can optionally play Pac-Man game to kill some time.
- Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
- You device should now be in DFU mode
Step 8: Start iTunes, click on your iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold Left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in iTunes and then release this button.
This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3.1 file. Select the required custom .ipsw file that you created above, and click on “Open”.
Step 9: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.3.1 on your iOS device. Your iOS device screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, your iOS device will be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.1.
How-To Unlock iOS 4.3.1:
Ultrasn0w 1.2 is broken on iOS 4.3.1. Wait for the Dev-Team to push new version of Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone (compatible basebands: 01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00).